Quality Control Systems Managers
Lab Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Control Manager, Quality Manager
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate quality assurance programs. Formulate quality control policies and control quality of laboratory and production efforts.
On the job, you would:
- Collect and analyze production samples to evaluate quality.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Stop production if serious product defects are present.
- administrative services
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
Industrial control software
- ASI DATAMYTE GageMetrics
- Infinity QS ProFicient
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Structured query language SQL
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: