Associate Professor of Automation, Automation Engineer, Engineer, Plant Floor Automation Manager
What they do:
Research, design, develop, or test robotic applications.
On the job, you would:
- Debug robotics programs.
- Provide technical support for robotic systems.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Development environment software
- Microsoft .NET Framework
Operating system software