Automation Engineer, Autonomous Vehicle Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Factory Automations Engineer
What they do:Research, design, develop, or test robotic applications.
On the job, you would:
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Process or interpret signals or sensor data.
- Debug robotics programs.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- MathWorks Simulink
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Industrial control software
- Rockwell RSLogix
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Electronics Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Mechatronics Engineers
- Microsystems Engineers
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about robotics engineers.