Automation Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Process Controls Engineer, Project Engineer
What they do:Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
On the job, you would:
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Analytical or scientific software
- Finite element method FEM software
- Vector CANalyzer
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Electronics Engineers
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Robotics Engineers
- Robotics Technicians
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about mechatronics engineers.