Blasting Helper, Coal Miner, Driller Helper, Maintainer
What they do:
Help extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers, blasters and explosives workers, derrick operators, and mining machine operators, by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying equipment or cleaning work area.
On the job, you would:
- Repair and maintain automotive and drilling equipment, using hand tools.
- Observe and monitor equipment operation during the extraction process to detect any problems.
- Drive moving equipment to transport materials and parts to excavation sites.
Safety and Government
- law and government
- public safety and security
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- imagine how something will look after it is moved around or changed
- know where things are around you
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Data base user interface and query software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Industrial Truck & Tractor Operators
- Rail Car Repairers
- Rock Splitters, Quarry
You might like a career in one of these industries: