Helper, Machine Operator, Material Handler, Production Worker
What they do:
Help production workers by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Place products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
Engineering and Technology
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Coating, Painting, & Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Foundry Mold & Coremakers
- Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
You might like a career in one of these industries: