Fiberglass Laminators & Fabricators
Chopper Gun Operator, Fiberglass Laminator, Laminator, Roller
What they do:
Laminate layers of fiberglass on molds to form boat decks and hulls, bodies for golf carts, automobiles, or other products.
On the job, you would:
- Release air bubbles and smooth seams, using rollers.
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
Data base user interface and query software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Crushing, Grinding, & Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Mixing & Blending Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Reinforcing Iron & Rebar Workers
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: