Pumper, Lease Operator, Well Tender, Operations Technician
What they do:
Operate power pumps and auxiliary equipment to produce flow of oil or gas from wells in oil field.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor control panels during pumping operations to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
Engineering and Technology
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
Examples of the technology used in this career will be available soon.
high school diploma or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Cooling & Freezing Equipment Operators & Tenders
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Mixing & Blending Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: