Brand Manager, Business Development Manager, Marketing Director, Marketing Manager
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Marine Corps.
Enlisted Accessions Recruiter
Army Reserve Career Counselor (Army Reserve); Psychological Operations Specialist; Recruiter; Recruiting and Retention NCO (Army National Guard of the United States)
Army Reserve Career Counselor (Army Reserve); Enlisted Accessions Recruiter; Mass Communicator; Psychological Operations Specialist; Recruiter; Recruiting and Retention NCO (Army National Guard of the United States)
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm's profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm's customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
On the job, you would:
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- come up with lots of ideas
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge
- Oracle Eloqua software
Data base user interface and query software
- Data entry software
- Microsoft Access
Analytical or scientific software
- SAS software
- SPSS software