Investment Fund Managers
Equity Analyst, Investment Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Senior Investment Analyst
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate investment strategy or operations for a large pool of liquid assets supplied by institutional investors or individual investors.
On the job, you would:
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals.
- accounting and economics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Risk analysis software
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
Financial analysis software
- Portfolio analysis software
- SunGard Financial Systems AddVantage
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: