Associate Director, Experimental Medicine; Investigator; Research Scientist; Scientist
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Biomedical Laboratory, Blood Bank; Biomedical Laboratory, Toxicologist; Biomedical Scientist; Pediatrician
Laboratory Sciences; Nuclear Medical Science
Health Science Research Officer
What they do:
Conduct research dealing with the understanding of human diseases and the improvement of human health. Engage in clinical investigation, research and development, or other related activities. Includes physicians, dentists, public health specialists, pharmacologists, and medical pathologists who primarily conduct research.
On the job, you would:
- Plan and direct studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease.
- Conduct research to develop methodologies, instrumentation, and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings to the scientific audience and general public.
- Study animal and human health and physiological processes.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- BioArray Software Environment BASE software
- SAS software
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- FileMaker Pro software
Development environment software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- National Instruments LabVIEW