Family & General Practitioners
Family Physician, Family Practice Physician, Medical Doctor (MD), Physician
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Family Physician; Family Physician, Obstetrics; Family Physician, Sports Medicine; General Practice Physician
Family Physician; General Practice Medical Officer
What they do:
Physicians who diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population. May refer patients to specialists when needed for further diagnosis or treatment.
On the job, you would:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Acrendo Medical Software Family Practice EMR
- MEDITECH software
Electronic mail software