Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing (DON), Registered Nurse (RN), Staff Nurse
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Flight Nurse; Nursing Administrator; Operating Room Nurse
Army Public Health Nurse; Generalist Nurse; Perioperative Nurse
Perioperative Nurse; Professional Registered Nurse
What they do:
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic software
- QuadraMed Affinity Healthcare Information System
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software