Registered Nurse (RN), Staff RN (Staff Registered Nurse), Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Flight Nurse; Nursing Administrator; Operating Room Nurse
Army Public Health Nurse; Generalist Nurse; Perioperative Nurse
Perioperative Nurse; Professional Registered Nurse
What they do:
Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic software
- QuadraMed Affinity Healthcare Information System
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software