Chemical Equipment Operators & Tenders
Chemical Operator, Operator, Production Operator, Production Technician
see titles from the Army, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer
Cryogenics Equipment Operator; Quartermaster and Chemical Equipment Repairer
Automated Electrolytic Oxygen Generator (AEOG) Maintenance Technician
What they do:
Operate or tend equipment to control chemical changes or reactions in the processing of industrial or consumer products. Equipment used includes devulcanizers, steam-jacketed kettles, and reactor vessels.
On the job, you would:
- Observe safety precautions to prevent fires or explosions.
- Record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results.
- Control or operate equipment in which chemical changes or reactions take place during the processing of industrial or consumer products.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Chemical Plant & System Operators
- Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, & Gaugers
- Pump Operators
- Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, & Still Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: