Tire Builder, Buffer, Buffer Operator, Builder Operator
What they do:
Operate machines to build tires.
On the job, you would:
- Depress pedals to rotate drums, and wind specified numbers of plies around drums to form tire bodies.
- Start rollers that bond tread and plies as drums revolve.
- Activate bead setters that press prefabricated beads onto plies.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
Internet browser software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Coil Winders, Tapers, & Finishers
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Textile Knitting & Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: