Gas Compressor & Gas Pumping Station Operators
Plant Operator, Compressor Operator, Compressor Station Operator, Field Operator
see titles from the Marine Corps or Navy.
Aviation Support Equipmentman
Aviation Support Equipmentman; Machinist's Mate
What they do:
Operate steam, gas, electric motor, or internal combustion engine driven compressors. Transmit, compress, or recover gases, such as butane, nitrogen, hydrogen, and natural gas.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor meters and pressure gauges to determine consumption rate variations, temperatures, and pressures.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Read gas meters, and maintain records of the amounts of gas received and dispensed from holders.
Engineering and Technology
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Facilities management software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS software
high school diploma/GED or
certificate after high school
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: