Buyer, Purchasing Agent, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager
see titles from the Air Force or Marine Corps.
Contracting Craftsman; Contracting Manager; Contracting Superintendent
Acquisition Specialist; Contingency Contract Specialist
What they do:
Purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Purchase raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
Arts and Humanities
- accounting and economics
Safety and Government
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- making spending decisions and keeping track of what is spent
- managing your time and the time of other people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Intuit QuickBooks software
- National Job Cost software
Project management software
- Dexter + Cheney Spectrum Construction Software
- Microsoft Project
Financial analysis software
- IBM Costimater
- Softstar Costar COCOMO II