Adapted Physical Education Specialists
Adapted Physical Education Specialist, Adapted Physical Education Specialist-Workshop Leader, Adapted Physical Education Teacher, Adapted Physical Education or Adapted Physical Activity Specialist
What they do:
Provide individualized physical education instruction or services to children, youth, or adults with exceptional physical needs due to gross motor developmental delays or other impairments.
On the job, you would:
- Provide adapted physical education services to students with intellectual disabilities, autism, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic impairments, or other disabling condition.
- Adapt instructional techniques to the age and skill levels of students.
- Instruct students, using adapted physical education techniques, to improve physical fitness, gross motor skills, perceptual motor skills, or sports and game achievement.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
Safety and Government
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- looking for ways to help people
- teaching people how to do something
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Individualized Educational Program IEP software
Electronic mail software
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: