Fitness Trainers & Aerobics Instructors
Aerobics Instructor, Fitness Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer
see titles from the Air Force or Navy.
Services; Services Apprentice; Services Craftsman; Services Helper; Services Journeyman; Services Superintendent
Command Fitness Leader (CFL)
What they do:
Instruct or coach groups or individuals in exercise activities. Demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain to them corrective measures necessary to improve their skills.
On the job, you would:
- Offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- teaching people how to do something
- looking for ways to help people
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Flexibility, Balance, and Coordination
- move your arms, legs, and mid-section together while your whole body is moving
- bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- use your lower back and stomach
- exercise for a long time without your muscles getting tired
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
Data base user interface and query software
- BioEx Systems Exercise Expert
Project management software
- BioEx Systems Fitness Maker
- Online River Software Personal Trainer Pro