Exercise Trainers & Group Fitness Instructors
Aerobics Instructor, Fitness Instructor, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer
Select a military branch to see samples.
AFROTC Training Instructor; Education And Training; Education And Training Apprentice; Education And Training Helper; Education And Training Superintendent; Instructor, Officer Training School; Services; Services Apprentice; Services Helper; Services Journeyman
USMA, Professor of Physical EducationNo similar titles were found.
Drill Instructor; Force Fitness Instructor; Force Fitness Instructor Officer; Marine Combat Instructor; Martial Arts Instructor; Martial Arts Instructor-Trainer; Water Safety/Survival Instructor
Aviation Water Survival Instructor; Basic Swimming and Water Survival Instructor; Command Fitness Leader (CFL); Physical Training Officer; Special Services OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Instruct or coach groups or individuals in exercise activities for the primary purpose of personal fitness. Demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain to them corrective measures necessary to improve their skills. Develop and implement individualized approaches to exercise.
On the job, you would:
- Observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Evaluate individuals' abilities, needs, and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Plan routines, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- teaching people how to do something
- looking for ways to help people
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
Flexibility, Balance, and Coordination
- bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- move your arms, legs, and mid-section together while your whole body is moving
- use your lower back and stomach
- exercise for a long time without your muscles getting tired
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Social Orientation
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
Instant messaging software
Data base user interface and query software
- DietMaster Systems DietMaster
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
certificate after high school or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Coaches & Scouts
- Exercise Physiologists
- Fitness & Wellness Coordinators
- Recreational Therapists
- Self-Enrichment Teachers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about exercise trainers and group fitness instructors.