Billing, Cost, & Rate Clerks
Billing Clerk, Accountant, Accounts Payable Clerk, Billing Coordinator
see titles from the Marine Corps or Navy.
Personnel Specialist; Supply Administration and Operations Specialist
What they do:
Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
On the job, you would:
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Allscripts Professional PM
- Thomson Reuters Elite Enterprise
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access