Air Export Agent, Air Export Coordinator, GSA Coordinator, Route Specialist
see titles from the Air Force.
Air Transportation; Air Transportation Apprentice; Air Transportation Craftsman; Air Transportation Helper; Air Transportation Journeyman; Air Transportation Superintendent
What they do:
Research rates, routings, or modes of transport for shipment of products. Maintain awareness of regulations affecting the international movement of cargo. Make arrangements for additional services, such as storage or inland transportation.
On the job, you would:
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments.
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as including bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- customer service
- administrative services
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software
- Arcline ArcFreight
- CargoWise ediEnterprise
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
- SAP software
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: