City Dispatcher, Dispatcher (Dispatch), Operations Dispatcher, Train Dispatcher
see titles from the Air Force.
Operations Management Apprentice; Operations Management Craftsman; Operations Management Helper; Operations Management Journeyman; Operations Management Superintendent
What they do:
Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service, or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business. Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor personnel or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Schedule or dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations, according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Mobile location based services software
- Global positioning system GPS software
- Resource management software
Aviation ground support software
- Bornemann Associates Flight Plan
- Sabre software
Expert system software
- Computer aided dispatching auto routing software
- Rail Traffic Track Warrant Control System