Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, & Tile & Marble Setters
Bricklayer Helper, Helper, Hod Carrier, Mason Tender
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Structural; Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural Journeyman
Builder; Structural Apprentice; Structural Craftsman; Structural Helper; Structural Journeyman
What they do:
Help brickmasons, blockmasons, stonemasons, or tile and marble setters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- use your lower back and stomach
- lift, push, pull, or carry
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Project management software
- CPR Visual Estimator
- Daystar iStructural.com
Computer aided design CAD software