Welders, Cutters, & Welder Fitters
Fabricator, Welder, Welder-Fitter, Welder/Fabricator
see titles from the Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
CWO - Diving Officer
Aircraft Welder; Metal Worker
Advanced Welder; Aeronautical Welder; CWO - Diving Officer; Submarine Nuclear Propulsion Plant Emergency Welder; Welding Supervisor
What they do:
Use hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
On the job, you would:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
Analytical or scientific software
- Scientific Software Group Filter Drain FD
Data base user interface and query software
some college or
high school diploma
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Lathe & Turning Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Molding, Coremaking, & Casting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: