Machine Feeders & Offbearers
Baler, Dryer Feeder, Feeder, Material Handler
What they do:
Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Remove materials and products from machines and equipment, and place them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Time accounting software
- Work time tracking software
Data base user interface and query software
Industrial control software
- Machine operation software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: