Machine Feeders & Offbearers
Dryer Feeder, Feeder, Line Operator, Offbearer
see titles from the Army.
Unit Supply Specialist
What they do:
Feed materials into or remove materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
On the job, you would:
- Inspect materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Record production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
- Push dual control buttons and move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Time accounting software
- Work time tracking software
Data base user interface and query software
Industrial control software
- Machine operation software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: