Cutting & Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Cutter, Cutter Operator, Machine Operator, Paper Cutter
What they do:
Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
On the job, you would:
- Set up, operate, or tend machines that cut or slice materials, such as glass, stone, cork, rubber, tobacco, food, paper, or insulating material.
- Review work orders, blueprints, specifications, or job samples to determine components, settings, and adjustments for cutting and slicing machines.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as rulers, micrometers, or scales.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Word processing software
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators & Tenders
- Coating, Painting, & Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Extruding & Forming Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Synthetic & Glass Fibers
- Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: