Also called: Associate Drafter, Drafter, Electrical Designer, Engineering Associate
- Use computer-aided drafting equipment or conventional drafting stations, technical handbooks, tables, calculators, and traditional drafting tools, such as boards, pencils, protractors, and T-squares.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets which are checked by an engineer or an architect.
- product and service development
- English language
- administrative services
- customer service
- public safety and security
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Project Management
- PTC Pro/INTRALINK
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Drafter, Electrical
- Estimator and Drafter