Sports Medicine Physicians
Also called: Director of Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Physician, Sports Medicine Physician
What they do:Diagnose, treat, and help prevent injuries that occur during sporting events, athletic training, and physical activities.
On the job, you would:
- Diagnose or treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Order and interpret the results of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Advise against injured athletes returning to games or competition if resuming activity could lead to further injury.
- medicine and dentistry
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Bizmatics PrognoCIS EMR
- Greenway Medical Technologies PrimeSUITE
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word