Mine Shuttle Car Operators
Also called: Coal Hauler Operator, Ram Car Operator, Shuttle Car Operator
What they do:Operate diesel or electric-powered shuttle car in underground mine to transport materials from working face to mine cars or conveyor.
On the job, you would:
- Control conveyors that run the entire length of shuttle cars to distribute loads as loading progresses.
- Drive loaded shuttle cars to ramps and move controls to discharge loads into mine cars or onto conveyors.
- Clean, fuel, and service equipment, and repair and replace parts as necessary.
Engineering and Technology
Safety and Government
- law and government
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Facilities management software
- Mine maintenance software
Data base user interface and query software
Industrial control software
- Automated systems software