Corporate Webmaster, Web Site Manager, Web Technologies Administrator, Webmaster
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, or Navy.
Cyber Systems Operations; Cyber Systems Operations Apprentice; Cyber Systems Operations Craftsman; Cyber Systems Operations Helper; Cyber Systems Operations Journeyman
Information System Technician
Information Systems Technician
What they do:
Manage web environment design, deployment, development and maintenance activities. Perform testing and quality assurance of web sites and web applications.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and report security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Identify or document backup or recovery plans.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Apache Struts
- Hypertext markup language HTML
Operating system software
Application server software
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Red Hat WildFly