Sports Medicine Physicians
Athletic Team Physician, Physician, Sports Medicine Physician, Team Physician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Superintendent; Orthopedic Surgeon, Hand Surgery; Orthopedic Surgeon, Spine Surgery; Physical Medicine Physician
Medical Service Corps Officer; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Occupational Therapy; Orthopedic Surgeon; Physiatrist; Physical Therapy; PodiatryNo similar titles were found.
Force Fitness Instructor Officer
Orthopedic Surgeon; Physical Therapist; PodiatristNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Diagnose, treat, and help prevent injuries that occur during sporting events, athletic training, and physical activities.
On the job, you would:
- Diagnose or treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- Order and interpret the results of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Advise against injured athletes returning to games or competition if resuming activity could lead to further injury.
- medicine and dentistry
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- Epic Systems
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Surgeons
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about sports medicine physicians.