Certification: Occupational Therapist Registered (OTR)
800 S. Frederick Avenue, Suite 200, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-4150
Is a not-for-profit credentialing agency that provides certification for the occupational therapy profession. NBCOT® serves the public interest by developing, administering and continually reviewing a certification process that reflects current standards of competent practice in occupational therapy. We also work with state regulatory authorities, providing information on credentials, disciplinary actions, and regulatory and certification renewal issues.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is considered in demand.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.