Certification: Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselor (CCMHC)
The CCMHC was launched originally in 1979 by the National Academy for Certified Clinical Mental Health Counselors. In 1993, the Academy and NBCC reached an agreement for NBCC to take over administration and testing for the CCMHC certification. Over 1100 NCCs currently hold the CCMHC certification.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.