Certification: Master Addictions Counselor (MAC)
The NBCC Master Addictions Counselor (MAC) credential attests to the educational background, knowledge, skills, and competencies of the specialist in addictions counseling.The NBCC Master Addictions Counselor credential was created jointly by the American Counseling Association (ACA), specifically the International Association of Addiction and Offenders Counselors (IAAOC), and the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Either training or work experience required, but not both?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.