Certification: Sports Certified Specialist (SCS)
The practice of sports physical therapy is based on a holistic approach of prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and education of the individual. The clinical specialist in sports physical therapy uses specialized clinical skills in a variety of settings, including sports medicine centers, hospital-based clinics, and other traditional athletic environments. The sports physical therapy specialty area within the physical therapy profession involves the physiological, psychological, pathological, and performance problems of athletes and attempts to prevent or correct these problems.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 10 Year(s)
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.