Certification: Associate in Personal Insurance (API)
The Institutes' Associate in Personal Insurance (API) designation program provides you with a thorough understanding of the personal lines business, including underwriting, marketing practices, the personal insurance environment, personal insurance profitability, the product development process, and portfolio management. By earning the API designation, you'll gain the practical, real-world skills you need to increase your confidence in working with upper management, supervisors, peers, and clients.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.