Certification: Fiber Optics Installer (FOIC)
A Fiber Optic Installer has a general understanding of optical fiber installation, connectorization, splicing, and testing, is familiar with optical fiber, connector, and splice performance characteristics described in TIA/EIA-568B, ITU-T G.671, ITU-T G.652 and Telcordia GR-326 A Fiber Optic Installer can perform connector endface evaluation as described in TIA/EIA-455-57B, is proficient in optical loss testing as described in TIA/EIA-526-14A, and understands the installation requirements described in articles 770 and 250 of the National Electrical Code. A Fiber Optic Installer is proficient at the installation of connectors on various types' fiber of optic cables using various types of epoxies, and can perform mechanical and fusion splicing.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 4 Year(s)
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.
- This certification is related to the Job Corps training program.