Certification: National Clinical Supervision Endorsement (NCSE)
While clinical supervision has long been regarded as a significant part of the counseling profession, the importance of effective clinical supervision in the addiction treatment process has gained increased attention over the past years. Clinical Supervision is an intervention or training that is provided by a more qualified addiction professional to a less experienced person in the addiction profession.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.