Certification: Certified Insurance Fraud Representative (CIFR)
The Certified Insurance Fraud Representative (CIFR) program is a newly developed certification program for claim representatives. These claims representatives possess the requisite specialized skills required for the early detection of fraud, to properly conduct preliminary claims investigations. The program has a high standard for admission and testing which includes adherence to IASIU's code of ethics, as well as the demonstration of competency through mandatory continuing professional education.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.