Certification: Certified Associate in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS)
33 West Monroe Street, Suite 1700 Chicago, IL 60603-5616
Demonstrate your expertise and experience as a health information and technology professional with CAHIMS or CPHIMS certification from HIMSS. In a field experiencing vast change, it's important to possess a standard body of knowledge and an up-to-date skillset. HIMSS certifications show you're well informed and well prepared for what's next in your career.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 3 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
Third Party Exam Center
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society exams are offered by Prometric.
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.