Certification: Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT)
Certification as a Board Certified Autism Technician (BCAT) demonstrates autism-specific competency and a commitment to consumer safety by entry-level individuals who treat the deficits and behaviors associated with autism spectrum disorder using the principles and procedures of applied behavior analysis and under the supervision of a qualified health care professional
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.