Certification: Home Care Specialist - Compliance (HCS-C)
The Home Care Specialist - Compliance (HCS-C) credential is earned by home care professionals skilled in establishing, implementing, and monitoring a home health agency's compliance program, specifically with state and federal regulations related to agency operations. Successful HCS-C candidates will possess expertise in understanding and implementation of written policies, procedures and standards of conduct, understanding the 7 elements of a compliance program, ability to administer standards through nationally recognized disciplinary guidelines, and knowledge of the OIG's standards.
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 1 Year(s)
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.