Certification: Home Care Coding Specialist-Hospice (HCS-H)
The Home Care Coding Specialist-Hospice (HCS-H) credential is earned by professionals skilled in classifying medical data from hospice patient records. Coding specialists review patients' records and assign numeric codes for each diagnosis. Successful HCS-H candidates will possess expertise in the application of ICD-10-CM conventions and guidelines and should be knowledgeable in medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, disease processes, pathophysiology, and pharmacology.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.