Certification: Mental Health Technician Certification (MHTC)
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
Online Exam; Third Party Exam Center
The test is comprised of 100 questions in Mental Health:The breakdown is as follows: Process and Procedure, Law and Ethics, Psychological development, pharmacology, practice settings, and safety/ infection control. Allotted time for examinees is 2 hours.
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.