Certification: Physical Therapy Technician/Aide Certification (PTTC)
A Physical Therapy Technician/Aide works under the direction and supervision of Physical Therapists. They help patients who are recovering from injuries and illnesses regain movement and manage pain. Physical Therapy Assistants are involved in the direct care of patients. A Physical Therapy Technician/Aide often does tasks that are indirectly related to patient care, such as cleaning and setting up the treatment area, moving patients, and performing clerical duties.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
Online Exam; Third Party Exam Center
The test is comprised of 100 questions:The breakdown is as follows: patient care/administrative, law & ethics, patient prep/positioning, anatomy and physiology, safety/infection control and therapeutic modalities. Allotted time for examinees is 2 hours.
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.