Certification: STCW - RFPNW
100 Forbes Drive Martinsburg, WV 25404-7120
The STCW - Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW) is a member of the deck department that works as a watchstander and/or day worker and operates the vessel and its deck equipment under Officer supervision. To earn the STCW - RFPNW credential, applicants must be 18 years old, qualify for endorsement as a STCW - RFPNW, satisfy general requirements, and satisfy sea service requirements. Applicants must either pass an exam by oral (or other) means that includes a demonstration of ability or complete a Coast Guard-approved course.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.