Certification: Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC)
6402 Arlington Blvd., Suite 1200, Falls Church, VA 22042-2356
The International Examination for Alcohol & Drug Counselors is the first examination to test knowledge and skills about alcohol and drug counseling on an international level. It has been developed by IC&RC through the cooperation of its Member Boards and their strong desire to have an international exam that is based on current practice in the field.Alcohol & Drug Counselor is one of the five reciprocal certifications offered through IC&RC.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 2 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.
- This certification is considered in demand.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.